Yes, Click here for more details.
Q. What’s the difference between the Satin (aka Private) Spa Bower, the Double King Bedroom Bower and the Premium Spa Bower ?
A. The details of each type of Bower we offer are as below:
1.Premium Spa Bower, which has a deep double spa, log fire and king size bed (such as flat screen TV mounted on a swivelling wall mount to allow viewing from lounge or bedroom, reverse cycle air con, separate double shower from the spa & piped music to the spa room, etc.) The king beds in the Premium Bowers are a pillow top’ type and some guests find they are a little soft.
2. Re-furbished Satin Private Spa Bower has the same deep double spa, log fire and king size bed as before, but with the addition of under-floor heating in the bathroom and loo, as well as a separate shower recess with Italian stone tiles alongside the double spa bath. We’ve also installed reverse cycle air con & piped music to the spa room. The kitchen has also been completely updated with new fixtures and appliances. These king beds are a firmer type than those in the Premium Bower [above] and some guests prefer that.
3. Double King bedroom Bower is essentially the same as a re-furbiished Satin Private Spa Bower except that it has a second king bedroom with a king size bed which can be split into to 2 x single beds, if required.
We offer two types [see below] of “Bowers” [plus our new Bambino American Airstream travel trailer] designed for couples. They offer similar levels of luxury accommodation, but details of each type are as below:
Premium Spa Bower is a passive solar design and offers a king size bedroom, deep double spa bath plus a double ‘rainhead’ shower recess & piped music to the spa room, wood fireplace, fully equipped kitchen and laundry, your own private BBQ deck as well as flat screen TV, DVD player, reverse cycle air conditioning, roof over the deck and caesarstone benchtops.
Ultimate Spa Bower which is essentially the same standard of accommodation [including king bed, double spa, single shower recess, full kitchen, granite benchtops and laundry and wood fire], with the addition of under-floor heating in the bathroom and toilet, but without the roof over the BBQ deck.
Bambino [Airstream travel trailer] If a spa bath isn’t on your list of “must haves”, the Bambino also offers exceptional privacy and luxury in a smaller space, but with a great outdoor area for relaxing in the sun or under the stars at night.
Should you wish to confirm a reservation, simply let us know and we’ll email you a “Fax back” confirmation slip to secure your booking with a deposit. We’ll then process the deposit and send you a receipt, along with a map and dire
ctions to assist you to find us etc.
Do I need to bring my hairdryer ?
No, your bathroom in the Bower has a hair dryer.
Do you have Pay TV ?
No we don’t have Pay TV in your Bower, but it is available at our local Tomakin Sports & Social club, if you wish to watch a special event or your favorite footy game.
Yes, [in case you need it] we have broadband WiFi in the office [and we’ve installed an omni-directional WIFI aerial to transmit broadband to/from the Spa Bowers and the Bambino.]
Your Bower has free to air TV [ABC, WIN, Prime, Ten & SBS] available [plus a DVD & CD player].
VHS video is also available [to re-live that wedding video] by advance request. Please email us prior to your arrival so we can have it set up in your Bower for you.
What cooking facilities will I have in my Bower ?
Each Bower is designed to be completely self contained with its own private kitchen, equipped with refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher plus a BBQ on the timber deck. Therefore you’re welcome to self cater, plus we can also order in a range of ‘ready to cook’ BBQ hampers, as an additional option.
We also offer a selection of romance packages and picnic hampers, should you prefer. The ‘bowers’ are designed with a full kitchen so guests can self cater … the hamper options are just an extra service that some people [who don’t want to or can’t cook] like to take advantage of.
- “Great house, relaxing, excellent catering. Enjoyed the dishwasher !” Angela & Richie
- “Hi Guys, just wanted to say a HUGE thank you. We had a great time. Also wanted to say that I just LOVED the attention to detail (being an attention to detail girl myself !!) Loved the glasses, plates, cutlery, canisters, outdoor setting, lounge, vacuum cleaner hole ,outdoor shower, bathroom vanity, taps & basin, I could just go on & on. I won’t but … you get the idea. Well done!!! Can’t wait to visit again Hopefully real soon.” Kerrie & Wayne
- “Just the kind of serenity, space and quietness we needed. Great taste in home design and facilities. Thank you for providing such a well self-contained and yet peaceful stay.” Dennis & Christine
cooking facilities, self catering, self contained
The Bower is designated a ‘wildlife refuge’ and our management plan specifies that we cannot accept guests pets on the property.
However, as animal lovers ourselves, we can recommend some excellent local pet boarding houses and even pet friendly accommodation that may be better suited to you and your best friend[s].
For those who want to spend some quality time together with a romantic escape for two. The Bower is designed for couples [to have a break from the kids] and therefore is not suitable for children. Enjoy an escape that caters to all your wants and needs in a child-free environment – perfect for parents and non-parents alike.
Some of the feedback from guests has been;
- “Dear Sue & Mark , Thanks for everything !!! Your Bower has made a special place in our memories. The birds, possums & frogs made the serenity even more special. The fireplace & seclusion was fantastic. This was the absolute best way to spend our 20th Wedding Anniversary. We missed the kids … but rediscovered us as a couple. Thanks again.” Robyn & Rob
- “For couples looking to reconnect in an intimate and tranquil setting”.
- “This is the perfect romantic sanctuary, an ideal setting to pamper the one you love and to be pampered. It’s like a dream that no-one would ever want to wake up from”. Kath & Neil
- “An adults-only boutique resort offering the ultimate in romance and spellbinding sunset walks”
- Both celebrating 60 years old and 39 years of marriage. The Black Bower has been sublime. Relaxing, enjoyable and passionate. The luxury, privacy, bush and birds. All made for an idyllic setting in which to re-kindle our romance. Thanks for all the nice touches”. Jan & Jeff
Over the years, our guests [and even those who have kids of their own] have said to us “The Bower is a place for us to escape from the kids, and everybody else’s kids’.
We can however”, recommend some excellent kid friendly alternative accommodation options. We can even recommend a local babysitter who can give you ‘child-free’ nights [at least] while you’re staying at The Bower. We guarantee they’ll be no screaming babies or over-energetic toddlers to spoil your style – the Bower is for over-16s only.
However, for infants, [in arms], we appreciate it’s a bit difficult to separate them from their Mum’s so as long as they have their own portable cot/bassinette and other required equipment etc. we are quite happy to give Mums with a babe in arms a break at The Bower.
More feedback from guests has been;
- “This haven of seclusion offers the ultimate in romance”.
- “Intimate and stylish, this award-winning and owner-managed resort is a romantic hideaway”.
Explore the bike paths, bush tracks, headlands, coffee shops, lookouts and beautiful beaches surrounding The Bower on a Giant Comfort Mountain Bike.
At least 48 hours notice is required for booking and the hire includes maps, locks and and helmets etc. For bower guests if you hire for 24 hours or more, the bikes can be delivered to your ‘bower’ ready for you on arrival, for a bike drop off / pickup service of just $20.
Overnight bike hire means you can cycle where you want, when you want. Coffee, breakfast, lunch, beach, newspapers, even out to dinner along the…
Book Overnight Bike Hire NowHire bicycles from the Region X boatshed in Mossy Point. Explore the areas bike paths, bush tracks, headlands, coffee shops, lookouts and…
Book half day Bike Hire Now Cycle a mix of concrete bike paths and bush single tracks as you discover the sea side hamlets and quiet back streets of the legendary holiday destination.
Book Guided Bike Tour Now